domingo, 19 de mayo de 2013

Today I'm going to talk about a very old relief printing artistic technique: xylography. I knew this technique because my sister studied art and one of her favorite technique was (and is) the xylography. This consists of  carving, with gouges, a wooden board, which will be a relief to be inked and then printed. This technique was used in our country in the very famous "Lira Popular", it was a collection of poems that talked about the reality of the  popular sectors of Chilean population during the nineteenth and early twentieth, these were hung on a string in the public squares and poems were music by singers that sang as tenths so that all people could hear what was going on.
I really like this artistic technique, and even more with the example of the Lira Popular, because I like his craft character.
 I invited you to know more about it and try to work with wood and ink, and to investigate more about the Lira Popular too, for while I'm gonna leave you an image of one of those edition. (and one of my sister work too (: ) 


3 comentarios: